No matter what age you are, most of us, at some point in our lives, have faced trouble falling asleep. For adults, it could be due to the stress of just everyday things. Children, too, have trouble sleeping at various points in their childhood. And this is especially true for babies who are the most likely to stay up all night. This can be due to an unsettling environment in the bedroom; maybe your kid doesn’t like the color of the walls. Maybe you yourself have trouble shutting down your mind enough to put yourself to sleep.
[amazon box=”B06Y5Q5XRB,B01KSUYHA0,B07JB9Q3FW” grid=”3″]
There are different ways to take care of that situation, and one of them is getting a star projector for your room! Yes, these are exactly how they sound. A star projector, basically, turns your room into a planetarium, which is both extremely soothing and educational. They are a great way to experience the vastness of experience right from the comfort of your bed.
A good-quality star projector can easily transform your imagination of stars, planets, and other elements of the universe into reality by actually projecting them on your bedroom wall. This is a great way to bring peace into your room, along with letting your young one learn about our gigantic universe. Not only that, but a star projector is also a great way to set up a romantic mood during a date. So, it serves multiple purposes.
There are a plethora of beautiful star projectors available in the market today. What makes them the greatest isn’t exactly common knowledge; therefore, it might be a tough decision to choose one that satisfies your needs.
Here’s the list of the five great star projectors that you can buy today, along with a comprehensive review of their features, pros, and cons.
Best Brightest Star Projector
This star sky night lamp by Anteqi is an apt choice regardless of the occasion — birthdays, anniversaries, Christmas, or any other party. It is easy to operate and is probably the brightest star projector. It is also a night lamp and comes in four different colors that you can choose from as per your liking. It is not only perfect for a child to learn astronomy but also helps him/her fall asleep better since the night lamp emits a soft light.
It is also a great decorating item for a romantic evening or a party and greatly brightens up the entire space.
- A night lamp plus a star projector
- It comes in four different LED lamps — red, green, blue, warm white
- Made from plastic
- It has an automatic timer function, which means you can set the timer from 5 minutes to 95 minutes.
- Install 4 new AAA batteries or connect the power bank by a USB cord to start it
- Rotates 360 degrees
- One of the brightest LED projections
- Made from environment-friendly harmless plastic that’s safe for your child
- Has four different options for LED lamps to suit your mood
- It lasts long when used through USB cables
- Made from plastic, hence, not very preferable
The Star Sky Night Lamp by ANTEQI is an amazing buy and is available for purchase on Amazon in different colors.
Best Star Projector for Toddlers
This is the coolest star projector out there for your child’s bedroom and play area. It is extremely cute and adorable and works well to calm the child and help them fall asleep. It is super snuggly, too, thus, quickly becoming a favorite of kids. It has an auto turn-off after 30 minutes, which means it provides enough time for your child to fall asleep to its soothing effects.
It has 10 lullabies installed in it already, along with the sound of heartbeats that helps babies be content. The night light projects a beautiful and warm image of a constellation of stars on the ceiling and walls, which works as the perfect night lamp.
- The night lamp is shaped like an owl.
- Cute and snuggly star projector
- Have 10 lullabies installed
- Auto timer of 30 minutes
- Can play gentle bird songs as well
- Plays music even when the lights are off
- Has an extremely soothing effect on children
- Automatically turns off after 30 minutes, saving power
- Is extremely snuggly and helps kids fall asleep
- You can simply play gentle music without switching on the projector
- The projector is on the owl’s tummy, therefore, it can’t be projected both on the ceiling and the wall.
Bubzi Co Baby & Toddler Sleep Aid Night Light is one of the best star projectors in the market suitable for toddlers and babies.
Best Portable Star Projector
This is one of the greatest star projectors when it comes to buying one for your older kids. It isn’t cute or snuggly but is still a great choice in terms of projection. It is made of safe materials and can be washed by hand as well. It comes with multiple colors of LED bulbs so that you can take your pick and project the stars on the ceiling or the walls of your room. It isn’t huge in size, hence, it’s recommended to be used in rooms of smaller size. It is easy to operate since it also comes with an automatic timer.
- An automatic timer that turns off the projections
- Automatic switch between different colors
- Hand washable
- Multi-colored LED bulbs
- Made of safe, children-friendly material
- Easy to operate
- The timer switches between the colors as well
- Comes with an option to choose between four different LED bulbs
- Easily portable due to its small size
- Not very big in size, therefore, not suitable for big size rooms
Best Star Projector as a Home Planetarium
If you are looking for something fancy and with an ultra-sophisticated design, look no more. Sega Toys Homestar Flux is easily your number-one choice if you want to transform your entire home into a planetarium and just take in the enormity of the universe within the confines of your house walls. It can project 60,000 bright and twinkling stars on your bedroom walls. Homestar Flux is the most advanced model released by the company till now, and it shows in its design and functionality.
- Project 60,000 twinkling high-definition stars onto your room’s ceiling or wall
- Most advanced model of the manufacturer
- Uses 5-watt LED technology
- Multi-level glass lenses
- Comes with multiple accessories — includes 2 discs and more than 30-star discs
- Has a very elegant and sophisticated design that looks amazing
- The multi-level glass lenses project a brilliantly bright image
- The discs rotate ultra-quietly
- Has rotational movement to provide you with the most real experience
- Adjustable projection angle and focus
- An automatic timer that turns it off
- More expensive than normal star projectors
The Sega Toys Homestar Flux is an advanced model that isn’t meant for children. It is meant to be placed carefully in the house and enhance its interiors. The model is available on Amazon for $189.
Best Budget Star Projector
When buying a star projector, you also have to take care of the budget. This star projector and night lighting lamp by Adoric is our top pick under the budget category. It comes with multiple color options and doesn’t burn a hole in your pocket. It has a circular build and looks appealing enough to be placed in any space in the house. It can run on batteries as well as just by a USB cable.
- The white dome is removable
- Can run on AAA batteries or a USB cable
- Comes in 8 different modes
- 4 LED bulbs
- 3 buttons for multiple settings
- Extremely affordable as compared to other star projectors
- Multiple settings to play with and customize the light as per individual preference
- Helps the kids sleep with its soothing projection
- Looks good and can be placed anywhere
- A little complicated to use due to the three buttons for 8 modes
Why Do You Need a Star Projector?
There can be multiple reasons to buy a star projector. But it’s important to know your reason so that you can make the correct call while picking the best star projector for you. Here are some reasons why you might need a star projector that will affect your buying decision:
Most parents buy star projectors for their young ones, be it, toddlers or babies. A star projector helps calm them and makes them fall asleep more easily. Therefore, this is an extremely important consideration when buying a star projector. If you are buying it for a child, it should be harmless and cute, and snuggly.
If you are buying a star projector to spice up your home interiors, it definitely does not need to be cute. It does need to be highly attractive and elegant. These are usually larger in size and serve the purpose of transforming your house into a planetarium.
For Kids and Adults
There are some hybrid models that can serve both kids as well as adults in the sense that they calm the nerves of both and help them fall asleep to soft music and the gentle starry projection. Most projectors in this category fall in the budget range.
Factors to Consider Before Buying
You need to consider several factors before deciding which star projector is the right fit for you. Let’s take a look at some of these factors:
Not all star projectors project just stars. Some might project animal images or even the Northern Lights. Therefore, it is important to check what the model is projecting before buying. Also, not all models are equipped to contain the projected image in a limited space.
For Kids or Adults
The type of star projector you purchase will depend on your needs, as was already stated. Small and adorable star projections will be more appropriate if you’re purchasing one for a child. Star projectors with a sleek, contemporary style are appropriate for adults.
Extra features could easily be the deciding factor, especially when you are buying a projector for kids. A star projector with inherent soft musical sounds and lullabies will always have an advantage over simply the ones that project images.
A star projector is a wonderful addition to the list of toys your kid possesses or the decor of your house. It helps the user fall asleep more naturally and easily and can actually promote stress-free sleep. There are certain things to keep in mind when it comes to shopping for the perfect star projector for you. The buying guide stated above should be a good start for you.