Having trouble getting in and out of your bed on the ground? Why not reinforce your comfy mattress with a good-quality metal bed frame?
[amazon box=”B01B8GSXNA,B006MIUM20,B06ZXYFNBW” grid=”3″]
Not only will hopping in and out of bed become much easier but you will get added support from the sturdy metal bed frame. Plus, you will acquire that extra storage space underneath to keep your suitcases or boxes stored neatly and out of sight.
A beautiful metal bed frame will bring even more style to your bedroom too.
Thankfully, there are various types of metal bed frames to choose from, including platform frames, adjustable frames, post frames, and others. You also get to pick the size, design, mobility, weight capacity, and other main features you should keep in mind when choosing the most suitable bed frame.
We have tested and reviewed the most popular metal bed frames on the market, and here is our verdict for the top metal frames for 2023.
- This one is a Queen size, but you get an option of choosing a Twin, Full, and King size of the same model as well.
- Provides reliable and strong mattress support
- The 10 sturdy wood slats will keep your bed from sagging over time and will increase the life of your mattress.
- A steel headboard and metal frame ensure that the bed is durable and stylish.
- It has foam-padded tape added for eliminating squeaking and noise
- The wooden slats are covered with non-slip tape to keep the mattress in place at all times
- It is very easy to assemble, without professional help, thanks to the detailed instructions and the labeled pieces
- The height of the bed is 10 inches, providing comfortable 7-inch storage space underneath
- The sleek design of the frame will blend in any interior space
- The weight is 92 lbs.
- It comes in a rather large package, so plan to have somebody help you with that
The Zinus Modern Studio Platform metal frame bed is perfect for just about any type of mattress. It is incredibly sturdy thanks to the combination of real wood slats and a steel frame and headboard.
You will love the look of the bed, as well as the comfort it provides. Say goodbye to all the creaking and squeaking with this sturdy and aesthetically pleasing bed frame.
- Queen-sized bed base made of sturdy steel frames and wires
- Eliminates the need for using a box spring or bed frame
- Very easy assembly – no tools required
- It is 14 inches high which gives you a convenient 13 inches underneath as added storage space
- Lightweight and collapsible, so you can fold it and carry it to another room or store it away whenever you need to
- SmartBase headboard brackets can be used for attaching to an optional headboard
- Works with spring, memory foam, or latex mattresses which you can place directly on the comfortable and sturdy SmartBase
- Provides good mattress support thanks to the multiple contact spaces to the floor, for your comfort and to keep the mattress from getting deformed over time
- There are plastic caps that will protect your beautiful hard floor from getting scratched or dented
- Comes with a 5-year limited warranty
- very easy to carry and move around upon delivery and during the assembly process
- very affordable price
- If you want a headboard, you will need to order one separately
We adore the sleek, uncomplicated design of this reasonably priced metal bed frame. On it, you can put any kind of mattress and slumber peacefully without being disturbed by squeaking. It has a brilliant stowage area underneath it. Additionally, it’s lightweight and collapsible design make it simple to store and move around the home. This bed structure is excellent and reasonably priced.
- Very reasonably priced – suited for even the tightest of budgets
- A beautiful modern design will bring style and class to your bedroom
- Very easy to assemble
- Made of a combination of sturdy navy blue metal frame and headboard and pine wood slats
- The frame is noise-free thanks to the nifty foam padded tape on the steel frame parts
- The mattress is held in place with the help of the non-slip tape on the slats
- No need for a spring box thanks to the innovative design
- You get 10 inches of clearance underneath the bed for storage
- This is a Queen sized bed with a 36-inch headboard and 12-inch metal frame
- Suitable for latex, memory foam, hybrid, and spring mattresses
- Comes with very detailed and straightforward assembly instructions
- The screws are not labeled as precisely as one may expect
With this Zinus Epic bed, you will get a beautiful addition to your bedroom décor. It is very sturdy and doesn’t squeak or creak. You can easily assemble it, and just place any type of mattress on it and you are ready to go. Very nicely priced, very sturdy, and comfortable, this is truly an epic bed.
- Classic style will make it the centerpiece of the bedroom
- Dark grey upholstery with beautiful diamond stitching covers the sturdy metal frame
- Strong real wood slats for added support for you and for keeping your mattress in great shape for years
- Squeak-free feature thanks to the foam padding on the steel frame
- Available in King, Queen, Full, and Twin sizes
- Great for memory foam, spring, hybrid, and latex mattresses
- It doesn’t need a box spring
- Comfortable and attractive upholstered headboard
- Easy assembly with only an Allen wrench needed
- The bed frame comes in a seriously large and hefty box, so make sure you have a helping hand when it is delivered
If you want a durable, well-made, and affordable bed with a classic upholstered design, then this upholstered and diamond-stitched metal and wood bed frame from Zinus is a superb choice. It is easy to assemble, provides ultimate comfort, and will fit just about any type of mattress without a box spring. You will enjoy quiet and comfy nights in this excellent metal bed frame.
- Made of robust steel with an easy locking system for added stability
- Added support thanks to the center bar and the nine legs
- Safety is provided by the recessed leg design made to avoid stubbing your toes and hurting your feet when walking around or making the bed
- It can be easily adjusted to properly fit and hold a Full, Queen, or King-sized mattress
- The special Zinus Compack design provides maximum support and longevity
- Very light (25.8 lbs.) so you can easily carry it from one room to another
- No tools are required for assembly
- 5-year warranty
- Budget-friendly price
- You need a box spring for this bed
If you pick this bed frame, you will never have to worry about the type and size of the mattress you are going to use with it. It can be adjusted to fit mattresses from Full to King size.
Also, the intelligent design of the legs makes them very sturdy and will prevent accidental painful toe stubbing.
The Zinus Compack Adjustable bed frame does require that you use a box spring, but it is affordable, easy to set up, and can easily be adjusted in case you choose to sleep in a smaller or larger bed!
If you are into the classic style and yet want a durable metal bed frame, you should check out the Zinus Button-Tufted Upholstered bed. It looks absolutely gorgeous and will provide you with ultimate comfort.
- Strong wood slats keep the mattress safe from deformations and you comfortable and steady all night long
- A classic soft dark grey, button tufted upholstered design which will suit any décor
- The steel frame is covered with foam padding to eliminate squeaking and any noises
- It is available in all sizes: Twin, Full, Queen, and King
- It is sturdy and suitable for heavier people too
- Comes at an affordable price
- 5-year limited warranty
- It is quite heavy, so when you receive the package at home – you will definitely need help moving it around and getting it assembled
This is a beautifully constructed and designed bed that is a joy to the eyes and to all your senses. It is stable, comfortable, and very quiet and will endure quite a lot of weight and use, so for the price, it is probably one of the greatest metal frame beds on the market right now!
- Budget-friendly price
- Heavy-duty steel slats spaced at 7.1 inches can hold the heaviest mattresses
- A box spring is not required for this bed
- The steel frame is collapsible for easy movability and storage
- The mattress will not slide or wobble once placed on the steel platform
- Can hold up to 1200 lbs.
- Ample storage underneath it
- 5-year limited warranty
- The assembly would have been even easier if the parts were labeled
This Olee heavy-duty steel bed frame is an impeccable option for all who are worried about putting some extra weight on top of it. It can safely hold the heaviest mattresses and can carry up to 1200 lbs. without a problem, so you will never need to worry about this bed breaking or letting you down.
Home improvement idea: 14 Recommended Bed Risers
This Zinus Contemporary metal and wood platform bed are just that!
- Very strong and durable wood slats for mattress support
- A sturdy metal frame with beautiful wood accents
- The amazingly good-looking headboard and footboard are included in the package
- Added foam insulation to eliminate any annoying noise
- The non-slip tape keeps the mattress from slipping and sliding around
- Beautiful design
- Easy assembly, hex key included
- 5-year warranty
If you want an inexpensive yet beautiful and very durable bed – this combined metal and wood bed frame is probably the perfect solution for you.
Do you want to add a touch of vintage style to your bedroom or guest room without compromising the sturdiness and quality of your new metal bed frame? We highly recommend this Vintage Sturdy bed frame.
- Gorgeous black vintage-styled headboard and footboard
- Quad rails which are full-length provide added security and comfort
- 16 strong steel slats work as a stable foundation for any type of mattress
- Provides air ventilation for the mattress as no box spring is needed
- 13-inch storage area underneath the bed
- Added support and noise elimination via the 9 metal legs
- Easy to assemble
- Great price
This vintage-style metal bed frame is superb for any interior. It can hold heavy mattresses and will keep them well-aerated and non-deformed for years. We definitely recommend this top-quality, well-priced metal bed frame.
With this metal bed frame by AmazonBasics, you can place your mattress directly on top without the need to buy a box spring. It comes in all sizes, so there is an affordable bed alternative to fit everybody’s needs.
- Made of sturdy steel with a black finish and a top steel wire
- It provides noise-free support, so there will be no noise when someone is moving around
- It can fit all types of mattresses, including spring, memory, latex, and hybrid ones
- Once assembled, the bed frame provides generous storage space underneath
- It has in-set legs so you won’t constantly stub your toes in them
- It is easy to set up without any tools
- It is available in Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King, and California King sizes
- It has a capacity of up to 250 lbs.
- You can disassemble and fold it up easily to store it under a bed or to transport
- It is affordable
- Backed by a 1-year warranty from Amazon
- It doesn’t have a lip to ensure that the mattress stays in place, which can cause it to slide around
If you want to buy an inexpensive metal bed frame to use with any mattress you happen to own, then this frame could be the right option for you. It is sturdily built and easy to set up and fold down.
Hopefully, you have picked one of our recommendations for a metal bed frame. With any one of our top picks, we guarantee that you will get the greatest sleep you have ever had and that your investment is well-made thanks to the top-notch quality and superior design and durability of these wonderful and reliable metal bed frames.